Craving the taste of bacon, but looking for a healthier alternative? Look no further than turkey bacon! Not only is it lower in fat and calories compared to traditional pork bacon, but it’s also perfect for vegetarians or anyone observing kosher dietary laws. Preparing delicious and crispy slices doesn’t have to be difficult- follow this comprehensive guide on how to properly cook turkey bacon for mouthwatering results every time!
What are the Best Ways to Cook Turkey Bacon?
Baking Turkey Bacon in the Oven
For a quick, easy and mess-free way to prepare turkey bacon that yields perfectly crisp results every time, try baking it in the oven! Not only is this method incredibly simple, but you can also cook large quantities of turkey bacon all at once. Here’s how it works:
- Bring your oven to a sweltering 400°F (200°C) before you even start.
- Then, for optimal results, line your baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- To ensure evenly cooked and crispy turkey bacon slices, place a wire rack on the baking sheet (or simply fold the aluminum foil so that it meets all edges). This will enable hot air to flow around each slice of bacon for optimal cooking.
- Arrange the turkey bacon slices on the wire rack in an orderly fashion with adequate space between each one.
- Bake the turkey bacon for 10-12 minutes, or until you achieve your preferred level of crunchiness.
Frying Turkey Bacon on the Stovetop: An Alternative Method
For quick and easy Turkey Bacon prepared on the stovetop, a skillet is your trusty companion. This method allows you to cook smaller portions of bacon in no time for an irresistibly crispy result. Here’s how it works:
- Turn up the heat on your nonstick skillet, setting it over a medium-high flame.
- Add the turkey bacon slices to the skillet.
- Cook the turkey bacon for 2-3 minutes on each side, until it reaches that crunchy perfection you’re craving.
Tips for Cooking Turkey Bacon: How to Make It Perfect Every Time
- Give your turkey bacon an extra flavor kick by adding some herbs or spices before cooking! Rosemary, thyme, garlic powder and paprika all make great options.
- To keep your turkey bacon from sticking to the pan while frying, add a tiny splash of oil.
- To guarantee that your thick-cut turkey bacon is properly cooked, you may need to keep it on the heat a few extra minutes.
- Monitor the turkey bacon carefully while cooking to ensure it doesn’t turn into charcoal.
How to Keep Bacon Fresh and Delicious
Have extra cooked turkey bacon? You can store it in the fridge for seven days, or place it in the freezer to keep and reheat up to three months later! To warm leftovers, simply thaw them overnight in your refrigerator before microwaving or using a skillet until they are heated through.
With just a few simple steps and helpful tips, you can easily create scrumptious turkey bacon whether it’s cooked in the oven or fried on the stovetop. Just make sure to watch your pan carefully while cooking so that you don’t end up with burnt pieces of bacon; additionally, utilizing a meat thermometer will guarantee that your piece(s) are safely done and ready for consumption! Enjoy perfectly crisp yet flavor-packed slices of turkey bacon anytime with these essential tricks.