Delicious and convenient, chicken sausage is the perfect protein to add to any dish. With an air fryer, you now have a healthy and easy option for cooking it. Not only can you achieve that sought-after crispy texture without needing excess oil, but you can also be sure of perfection every time if you follow these simple instructions below! So don’t hesitate – indulge in flavorful chicken sausage today with your very own air fryer!
Preheat and Prep Your Air Fryer
Before you begin whipping up your meal, make sure to preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit; otherwise, the sausage won’t cook evenly or have that desired crunchy texture. Additionally, if utilizing frozen chicken sausages for this dish, ensure they are fully thawed before proceeding with cooking.
Lightly Coat the Sausage with Oil
To make sure your sausage turns a delicious golden-brown in the air fryer, give it a light coating of oil. Spray it with cooking spray or use a silicone brush or paper towel to apply just enough oil for that extra crunchy texture – although this step is optional if you don’t prefer your sausages quite so crisp. After all, nothing tastes as good as those perfectly crispy bites!
Place the Sausage in the Air Fryer Basket
After preheating the air fryer and lightly coating your sausages in oil, you can begin to place them into the basket. To avoid uneven cooking, make sure not to overstuff it – if necessary, cook your sausages in batches!
Cook the Sausage
Cook the sausage in the air fryer for about 8-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. The exact cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of the sausage, as well as the make and model of your air fryer. A good rule of thumb is to cook the sausage until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Rest and Serve the Sausage
After the sausage is cooked to perfection, take it out of the air fryer and let it rest for a few minutes. This pause enables all of its juices to be evenly distributed, resulting in an incredibly juicy and flavorful piece of meat when served!
Tips for Cooking Chicken Sausage in an Air Fryer
- Elevate your air fryer to a whole new level by adding vegetables for an all-in-one meal! Just make sure that you slice the veggies into similar shapes and sizes in order to ensure that everything gets cooked evenly with the sausage. Peppers, onions, and cherry tomatoes are great choices of vegetables to add.
- If you desire a stronger flavor, marinating the chicken sausage before cooking is an excellent way to get there. Prepare your preferred mixture of garlic, herbs and spices as the marinade then slather it all over the sausages prior to putting them into the air fryer for even crispier results!
- For those who choose fully cooked sausage, you don’t have to worry about lengthy cooking times! All that’s necessary is heating your sausages through which will take only 6-8 minutes in the air fryer. This hassle-free method for preparing meals makes it easier than ever to enjoy delicious chicken sausage.
- Step up your chicken sausage game by pan-frying it before air frying! Heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the sausages for a few minutes on each side until they reach an appetizing golden hue. After that, pop them into the air fryer to finish cooking – this will add even more flavor to your dish.
Different Types of Chicken Sausage to Try in the Air Fryer
If you’re looking to explore a variety of flavors and textures with chicken sausage, then the air fryer is your friend! Experimentation has never been easier or more delicious. Popular options for the air fryer include:
- Andouille sausage: This fiery andouille sausage is made with Cajun seasoning, making it ideal for dishes such as gumbo or jambalaya. For air fryer cooking, simply repeat the same steps above and let cook for 8-12 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Jalapeno cheddar sausage: This sausage is made with jalapeno peppers and cheddar cheese, making it a flavorful and creamy option. To cook jalapeno cheddar sausage in the air fryer, follow exactly same steps as above.
- Chicken apple sausage: If you are searching for a sweeter twist on the classic mild sausage, this recipe is just what you need. With pieces of apples mixed into every bite, your taste buds will be tantalized! Even better? The cooking process remains exactly the same as with regular sausages – easy and worry-free.
Recipe Ideas for Chicken Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sausage and Rice: To turn your air fried chicken sausage into a full meal, try serving it with a side of rice. Cook the rice according to the package instructions, and then place the cooked rice in the air fryer basket along with the sausage. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the sausage is hot and the rice is crispy.
- Air Fryer Sausage and Egg Breakfast: Why not give air-frying chicken sausage and eggs a go for an effortless morning meal? Crack the eggs into your air fryer basket, place the sausages on top, and pop it in. In around 8 to 10 minutes you’ll have yourself a delicious breakfast – with perfectly cooked yolks and piping hot sausages!
For a quick and tasty way to enjoy flavorful, crispy chicken sausage, an air fryer is the ideal appliance. Follow these simple steps for mouthwatering results every time and explore endless recipe ideas to customize your favorite dishes with this versatile protein.