Are you looking to create a calming, relaxing atmosphere in your bedroom to promote better sleep? You might have considered incorporating crystals into your bedroom decor. While many crystals are known to provide a sense of peace and tranquility, it’s important to know which ones to avoid. In this article, we’ll discuss what crystals should not be in your bedroom, as well as the best crystals for sleep, and how to properly use them.
Best Crystals for the Bedroom
Before we dive into the crystals you should avoid, let’s take a look at some of the best crystals to sleep with. These crystals are known to promote relaxation, reduce stress, and improve the overall energy in your bedroom.
- Amethyst: Sleeping with amethyst is a popular choice, as it is known to calm the mind, promote peaceful dreams, and alleviate nightmares.
- Rose Quartz: This gentle crystal is perfect for the bedroom, as it fosters feelings of love, self-compassion, and emotional healing.
- Lepidolite: Known for its ability to reduce anxiety and stress, lepidolite is a great addition to any bedroom.
- Selenite: This crystal can cleanse and purify the energy in your space, making it an excellent choice for promoting a restful night’s sleep.
- Black Tourmaline: If you’re looking to protect your bedroom from negative energy, black tourmaline is a powerful choice.
Crystals to Keep by Your Bed
Now that you know some of the best crystals for the bedroom, it’s important to know how to properly use them. Some people prefer to place crystals on their bedside table, while others like to sleep with them under their pillow.
If you decide to sleep with crystals under your pillow, make sure they are small, smooth, and comfortable. A few popular options include:
- Blue Lace Agate: This calming crystal may help with insomnia and promote sweet dreams.
- Moonstone: Known for its connection to the moon and its gentle, soothing energy, moonstone is a popular choice for those looking to improve their sleep.
- Clear Quartz: Can you sleep with clear quartz? Absolutely! This versatile crystal amplifies the energy of other crystals, making it a great addition to your sleep setup.
What Crystals Should Not Be in Your Bedroom
While many crystals are beneficial for sleep, there are some you should avoid. Here is a list of crystals you shouldn’t sleep with:
- Carnelian: This energizing crystal boosts motivation and confidence. As a result, it makes a poor choice for promoting relaxation in the bedroom.
- Citrine: Citrine is another high-energy crystal that can make it difficult to wind down and fall asleep.
- Sodalite: Despite its calming appearance, sodalite usually stimulates the mind and enhances mental clarity. This may make it harder to fall asleep.
- Pyrite: This crystal has some grounding and protective properties. However, it may cause restless sleep due to its strong energy.
When it comes to choosing the best crystals for sleep and deciding what crystals should be in your bedroom, it’s essential to consider your personal needs and preferences. Remember to avoid high-energy crystals, and instead opt for soothing, calming options like amethyst, rose quartz, and lepidolite. By incorporating these crystals into your bedroom decor, you can create a peaceful atmosphere that promotes a restful night’s sleep.